AMD ha rilasciato i nuovi driver 11.5 WHQL e i relativi driver 11.5a Hotfix. I nuovi Catalyst sono supportati da tutte le schede video a partire dalla serie HD2000 fino alle piu’ recenti schede video AMD Radeon HD6000. I driver includono ottimizzazionidella tecnologia Hydravision specificatamente per configurazioni Eyefinity. Non mancano svariate ottimizzazioni per migliorare la compatibilità con svariate applicazioni, non si segnalano invece miglioramenti di perofrmance in ambito 3D. Di seguito le note del produttore dei driver 11.5 WHQL.
Hydravision enhancements for Eyefinity configurations:
- New task based Display Management controls;
- Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings;
- New Eyefinity setup group;
- Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier;
- AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center);
- This feature notifies users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available.
Resolved Issues for the Windows 7 Operating System:
- PowerDVD no longer randomly crashes when HDMI 8 Channel Audio is enabled;
- Avivo settings are now correctly displayed in the AMD Vision Engine Control Center after connecting a secondary display;
- Windows Media Player no longer randomly hangs or displays a black screen after playing VC1 (WMV) video files for over 4 hours;
- PowerDVD no longer crashes intermittently after enabling / disabling Crossfire during BD playback;
- Bioshock no longer displays visual corruption with Vsynch and MLAA enabled;
- Transcoding MPEG-2 video to H.264 no longer causes an application crash;
- Transcoding H.264 to AVCHD no longer generates lagging video.
Resolved Issues for the Windows XP Operating System:
- Civilization V no longer stops responding during game launch when Crossfire is enabled.
Known issues under the Windows 7 operating system:
- Some BD content may experience jittery playback using WinDVD;
- Quake 4 may display random horizontal corruption during gameplay;
- Random tearing might be observed while playing Riddick 2 with high game settings and Crossfire enabled. “This issue has been resolved with the Catalyst 11.5a hotfix”;
- Random video jitter may be observed while playing 1080i BD video with Aero mode disabled;
- Kings Bounty may display rendering issues;
- The mouse cursor may lag in some situations. “This issue has been resolved with the Catalyst 11.5a hotfix”.
Known Issues under the Windows Vista Operating System:
- Windows Aero may be disabled after installing the driver;
- Doom 3 and Quake 4 may display random corruption with HD 4770 series products;
- Performing bezel compensation with a 3 x 2 Eyefinity configuration may cause the bezel group to disappear;
- Video settings may be turned off in the AMD Vision Control Center after extending the desktop to a second display;
- Cyberlink software bay cause the screen to flash green after desktop resolution is changed.
Known Issues under the Windows XP Operating System:
- OpenGL games may cause the system to hang when launched with Super AA enabled;
- The system may randomly reboot while playing Star Wars – The Force Unleashed II.
Release note driver 11.5a hotfix:
- Includes performance optimizations and resolves various quality issues for the upcoming release of Brink;
- Resolves transcoding video lagging issues seen when converting multiple H.264 clips to MPEG2 Blu-ray video;
- Resolves the intermittent mouse cursor lag issue seen by some users;
- Resolves intermittent flickering issues seen in the following applications in a system using an; AMD Radeon HD 6600 series graphics card withDDR3 memory and running in DirectX 9 mode:
- Civilization V;
- Dead Rising 2;
- Fallout 3;
- Mafia 2;
- NBA 2010;
- Starcraft 2;
- Warcraft III;
- World of Warcraft.
I download dei driver sono disponibili nella nostra sezione download.
Enrico Neglia – okorop – Hwlegend Staff